April 23, Week 10 - M, W, F
(3x per week)
Workout Routine: RESISTANCE
All exercises are done in a superset between upper body
For example, pushups with bands (pushing) are supersetted with Pull ups
(pulling). Do NOT rest within the superset, but rest 30 seconds after
the lower body before repeating
superset again. Repeat for a total of 2-3 rounds total. Proceed
the next superset.
Aim for lower reps: 6-10 reps
Aim for 2-4 rounds for each superset
Again, take no more than 30 seconds rest in between.
A1: Pushups with Bodylastics
A2: Pull-ups with medium size towel
*Aim for 3-4 rounds
B1: Staggered alternating pushups
B2: Lat Pulldown swimmer with Bodylastics band
*Aim for 3-4 rounds
C1: Squat and Press (use any weights that you can find) For
C2. Alternating Split Squat Jump. (use
any weights that you can find) For example: rocks,
*Aim for 3-4 rounds
D1: One Leg Calf Raise with weights.
D2: Bicep Curl:
*Aim for 2 rounds
E1: Weighted Abdominal Crunch:
E2: Plank with leg lift:
*Aim for 2 rounds
Rule #1: Eat smaller meals throughout day.
Rule#2: Consume enough high quality protein every day.
Rule#3: Consume 25-35 grams of fiber each day
Rule#4: Avoid refined sugars and refined grains.
Rule#5: Consume an adequate amount of fat.
Rule#6: Keep yourself hydrated all day.
1. Lie face down on the floor with hands palm down, fingers pointing
straight ahead, and aligned at the nipple line.
2. Place hands slightly wider than shoulder width, and feet should be
at hip width with toes on floor.
3. Start position: Extend the elbows and raise the body off the floor.
4. Lower your entire body (legs, hips, trunk, and head) 4-8 inches from
5. Return to the start position by extending at the elbows and pushing
the body up.
6. Remember to keep the head and trunk stabilized in a neutral position
by isometrically contracting the abdominal and back muscles. Never
fully lock out the elbows at the start position and avoid
hyperextension of the low back.
USE ELASTIC BAND
Towel Pull Up
1. Place two towels over a bar or fixed object.
2. Grip each towel with your hands and proceed to perform a pullup.
3. Repeat according to the prescribed repetitions.
1. Start by getting into a push-up position.
2. Lower yourself to the ground and then explosively push up so that
your hands leave the ground.
3. Catch your fall with your hands and immediately lower yourself into
a pushup again and repeat.
4. Repeat for the recommended repetitions.
TO A STAGERRED PUSHUPS
Bent Over Row (w/ bands)
1. Starting Position: Place bands around a fixed object or in a door
jamb at head height.
2. Bend forward at the waist keeping your back flat to about a 45
3. Pull band towards your waist in a rowing motion.
4. Squeeze your shoulder blades together as you pull the band towards
FOLLOW THE VIDEO
and Press with medicine ball
1. Stand with feet shoulder width apart and knees slightly bent.
2. Start position: Position medicine ball to ear level.
3. Go into a full squat. Immediately extend legs and stand up and at
the same time press hands up above head keeping wrists over the elbows
and arms moving parallel to body at all times.
4. Return to start position and repeat.
FOLLOW THE VIDEO
Alternating Split Squat Jump
1) Stand with feet hip width apart. Take left leg and step back
approximately 2 feet standing on the ball of back foot.
2) Feet should be positioned at a staggered stance with head and back
erect and straight in a neutral position. Place hands on waist.
3) Lower body by bending at right hip and knee until thigh is parallel
to floor then immediately explode vertically.
4) Switch feet in the air so that the back foot lands forward and vice
5) Prior to takeoff extend the ankles to their maximum range (full
plantar flexion) ensure proper mechanics.
Single Leg DB Calf Raise
1) Start position: Stand with feet hip width apart or stand on the edge
of a step on the ball of one foot with your heel hanging over edge.
Toes should be pointing forward. Hold a dumbell in the hand on the same
2) Contract calf by pushing off ball of foot to raise heel up in air
(standing on toes)
3) Lower heel and repeat.
4) Remember to keep knee slightly bent throughout movement to prevent
any knee strain. You may have to hold on to a fixed stationary object
5. Repeat with the other leg after completing the prescribed
Dumbbell Curl (two arms)
1) Stand with feet shoulder width apart and knees slightly bent or sit
in upright position.
2) Start position: Grasp DB's with underhand grip (palms facing
forward) and allow arms to hang down at sides. Elbows should be close
3) Flex at the elbows and curl DB's up to approximately shoulder level.
Keep elbows close to sides throughout movement. This exercise may be
done one arm at a time.
4) Return to start position.
5) Remember to keep back and head straight in a neutral position
throughout movement. Shoulders should be stabilized by squeezing
shoulder blades together slightly - only the elbow joint should be
Medicine Ball Crunch
1. Start position: Lie back onto floor or bench with knees bent and
hands above your head holding a medicine ball. Head should be in a
neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
2. Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the
abdominal and raise shoulders off floor or bench.
3. Return to start position.
4. Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Hyperextension
or flexion of either may cause injury.
Single Leg Plank Raise
1. Start by forming a straight plank with your forearms and feet as the
contact points on the ground.
2. Once the plank is formed raise one foot off the ground and then
return to the starting position.
3. Repeat this movement for the desired repetitions alternating back
and forth between legs
Before And After
Here are my before and after pictures. I admit that I could have
better than this. But like always, life just got in a way.
wasn't consistent at all with my interval training due to my lack
time. There were days when I spent more than 10 hours a day from
my fitness boot
camp and personal training business along with my business
online. That is why it takes me a while to edit the videos and
post it here.
Overall, I am content with the results. However, if you stick to
you might even be able to get better results that I have. Again,
to follow my interval training guidelines with the workout along with
balanced meals and you might be able to achieve better results that I
I get more and more emails everyday for more tips and advice.
Unfortunately, I do not have the time to reply to all of your questions
but I am trying. So please, do not get upset if I am unable to
write back to you.
Bodylastics is a complete home gym system.
designed this system in 1996 to outperform the most popular and
large bulky home gyms.
When we were first developing the Bodylastics home gym system, we
for the smoothest source of resistance on the planet. Well, we found it
Elastic tubing. Not only is elastic tubing super smooth when you pull
push it, but it is incredibly light and flexible. That means it is easy
store - no extra room needed! Once we decided that elastic tubing would
our resistance "engine", we had to design a system that would be able
create several levels of tension. This would enable users of all
levels to get the best results possible. So, we created the Bodylastics
Clip System. Our elastics have clips secured to the ends so that they
be easily attached to handles and ankle straps. This simple yet
design gives users the ability to generate 15 levels of tension (Basic
Set) or even 31 levels of tension (Max Tension set).
Best Gym Exercises and then some!
Every set of Bodylastics comes complete with extra heavy duty
(handles, ankle straps and door anchor). These components used in
with the elastic tubes can recreate all of the exercises from the
club, and some others that even the best machines can't duplicate.
Members will gain access to 43 different fitness websites ranging
from sport specific training, to fat loss, to building strength, power,
and explosion, all the way to injury prevention if you?e got
a fitness obstacle, WorkoutPass.com has the solution.
It? the broadest collection of fitness websites all in one place that?
ever been released to the public period.
?nd that? not all.
It features the Top Fitness Experts in the entire World
They are truly THE Best of the Best the Who? Who of the Fitness
These guys can be found in every major fitness magazine on